UK Teaching Adventures Header

Build your teaching experience & explore the UK & Europe.

There continues to be a shortage of teachers in key subjects in the UK which offers an excellent opportunity for a teaching adventure in the UK! We work in partnership with specific schools who are committed to properly supporting overseas trained teachers. Our philosophy is all about different thinking and wrap around support that provides a quality of service. We’re with you every step of the way. TeacherHub offers YOU a complete package to help you teach in Britain. We also understand that moving to live and work abroad is a big decision and will support you throughout the process, helping you make the right decision; selecting the right school and providing you with all the support you need to help settle in.

UK Teacher Adventures Staff

UK Teaching Adventure

2018 Opportunities



Develop you practice
Build your teaching experience
Explore the UK and Europe

Diana’s teaching adventure

Diana, one of our placements, has written a blog outlining her experiences with TeacherHub. Get an insight from her adventure…

Young Teachers

Refer. Recruit. Earn.

Get rewarded through our referral programme.

Help your friends & colleagues realise their potential as a teacher in the UK by referring them to us.

$200 Amazon Voucher

Our wrap around support process means we are with you every step of the way…

Moving to work in another country is a significant decision. We know that when looking to teach within the UK, you may be offered many benefits by other providers such as FREE flights, boat trips etc. our philosophy is that this is a significant decision for you to make and you need to be ready to make the necessary investment in moving to another country. Our focus is to ensure that focus on placing you in the right school environment; that you are supported and receive a comprehensive induction in to both the UK and your placement school; and you can access meaningful CPD to fully equip you for teaching in the UK.

Before you arrive

  • Access to CPD training to prepare you for teaching in the UK such as, the UK national curriculum, safeguarding, data and assessment.
  • Support with securing accommodation; visas if relevant; where to live; schools places for children if relevant.

On arrival

  • We meet you at the airport, and ensure you have accommodation for your 1st night.
  • Full day of induction and training
  • Support getting you safely installed in your new accommodation and school.

On-going throughout your placement

  • Regular contact via phone or over coffee, particularly during your first few weeks.
  • Social events with other overseas teachers.
  • Access to on-going CPD training.

“…teach in the UK, you won’t regret it!”

Collaborative Recruitment for Teachers…

Frequently Asked Questions

Will I need a Visa?

Unless you are eligible to work in the UK e.g. via ancestry, you will need to apply for a Visa.

There are five tiers in the new Visa framework:

  • Tier 1: Highly-skilled individuals to contribute to growth and productivity
  • Tier 2: Skilled workers with a job offer to fill gaps in United Kingdom labour force
  • Tier 3: Low-skilled workers needed to fill temporary labour shortages
  • Tier 4: Students
  • Tier 5: Youth Mobility Scheme (Temporary workers) – This type of visa is most commonly used by the under 30’s for working in Education in the UK.

You can apply for a YMV if you:

  • Want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years.
  • Have a valid passport from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan or Moncaco
  • Are aged 18 to 30
  • Have £1,890 in savings
  • Have certain types of British Nationality or are from Australia

You can’t apply if you have:

  • children who live with you.
  • children you’re financially responsible for.
  • you have already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category.

How do I apply?

There are two options:

  1. Apply for your UK visa directly, or
  2. Pay a visa agent to do the application for you. The fee for your application is currently £225 plus you will need to pay an additional Healthcare Surcharge of £200.

Completing the application yourself will save you money however if you make an error in your application the British High Commission will decline your visa and you will need to reapply and pay another fee.

You will be required to attend a biometrics appointment. If you are in Australia or New Zealand you can get that done at the British Consulate in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

When do I apply?

You can apply for a YMV up to 3 months before the date you travel to the UK. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK, however don’t leave it too late as some applications can take up to 6 weeks.

Will I need References?

Yes. You will need to provide two professional references from an educational establishment, covering the last five years.  If you are a Newly Qualified Teachers ( NQTs) then your references can be from your university and a work placement.

What does it cost?

It costs £230 to apply. You’ll be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months. You can enter the UK at any time while your visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during your stay. If you turn 31 while you’re in the UK, you can stay for as long as your visa is valid.

What you can and can’t do:

You can:

  • Study – for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate.
  • Work in most jobs.
  • be self-employed and set up a company – as long as your premises are rented, your equipment isn’t worth more than £5,000 and you don’t have any employees.
  • You can’t:
  • Work as a professional sportsperson (e.g. as a coach), doctor or dentist in training – unless you can show you qualified in the UK
  • Extend your stay
  • Get access to public funds/Bring in family members on your application – they must apply separately

Will I need a Police Check?

Yes. You should ensure that you have a police check from your country of origin that is dated within the last 12 months, before coming to the UK. We would recommend that you obtain this early on in the process as many employers will want validation before offering you a role. If you have lived in another country within the last five years and for more than 12 months then you will also need a police check from that country.

You will also need to hold a UK police check called the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), which TeacherHub will assist you with.